Monday, August 10, 2015

True Friend

What is a friend? Its the person supports you for better or worse. I would say envy cannot be avoided entirely because we are humans. Its our nature to want what we cannot have. Why? Because we do not have it. But for true friends, you are just happy for their achievements.

Like I don't think I have the talent and the patience to learn how to play an instrument. I am envious of people who can play the guitars like its a part of their body. But I am happy they have the talent because they share good songs and I enjoy watching them perform.

So there's friendly competition among friends is supposed to challenge you both into leveling up. Not that to upstage each other but to better yourself. Like when you play games is that yeah you want to win the games but what is important is you enjoy their company.

However when you find the kingdom of God is you find peace. You are not envious anymore. You are at peace and confident with your abilities.

As much as possible, treat friends with the fruit of the spirit:
Galatians 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Because those in the kingdom of God are peacemakers:
2 Corinthians 10
2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
Friendly debates are encouraged so your mind will be sharper. The more you know, the more you don't know. Okay?
Ephesians 6
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

No comments:

Post a Comment